Tuesday, September 23, 2008

We were walking through the mall on Friday night and were offered a free 10 X 13 photo just for coming in. Not having anything else to do, we stopped in for an impromptu photo session with our baby girl. This was my favorite one (nevermind the watermark that keeps us from stealing them... if you'd like to purchase prints or see the other prints, just go to: http://smilestore.picturepeople.com/my/images?cg=207294587118226435).


She is getting more and more vocal. She loves to sing with me. When I lay her on the changing table, I sing her "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" (because that's her favorite) and she just ooohhs, and aaaahhhhs and coos right along with me to sing her song, too. It is the sweetest thing ever! I try to catch it on video to post, but she is mighty aware of the camera these days and quickly quiets herself in its presence.
She is also discovering her hands; in fact, she is rather obsessed with them. She watches them and while she moves her fingers one at a time. She is now very skillfully grabbing at things in her play gym on purpose. She is also sitting up straight (although she has to be supported still) and doing little baby-crunches. She's going to have Baby-Abs-of-Steel in no time! :)
She has fun on Fridays when she goes over to Miss Michelle's house and plays with Michelle's daughter, Belle, who is one week older than Belén. She does really well when we need to leave her with someone for the day. We get consistent, rave reviews that she is the easiest baby ever. Although, now that I've blogged that, it is sure to change. :)

2 comments:

Amy's Adventures said...

And the cutest baby!!

Frankie Everett said...

I just love that picture! The hair and expression are priceless!