Sunday, September 7, 2008

Working Mom

So, last week was my first week back to work and it went well. I did cry on Tuesday morning as I left, but who wouldn't? Thanks to all of you who have been praying for us during this secondary transition to parenthood + working full time... Thank you to my awesome coworkers who have made me feel so missed, and so welcomed back. In fact, special thanks to my boss, Paul Griffin, and co-workers Dave Funk, Russell Lacy, and John Mayner who dressed in costumes and danced to an updated rendition of Y-M-C-A, penned by Dave Funk. This amazing performance put an inforgettable joy into a day that could have otherwise been melancholy. Here are the lyrics for your viewing enjoyment... (Don't forget to do the hand motions!) :)
Young mom, there's no need to feel down
I said young mom, got your friends all aroun’
I said young mom, 'cause you're back in our town
There's no need to be unhappy

Young mom, here’s a place you can go (motion to seat)
I said young mom, ‘cause you're short on your dough
Welcome back here, and I'm sure you will find
Many ways to have a good time

It's fun to have you back, T-A-R-A (rpt)
We have everything, but Belén, to enjoy
You can hang out with all us boys

Young mom, are you listening to me
I said young mom, no maternity leave
I said young mom, you don’t have to feel grief
But you've got to know that one thing

No mom does it all by herself
I said young mom, put your pride on the shelf
And just call her, that is Belén Lopez
I'm sure that you will smile when she says…

It's fun to be with Dad, T-A-R-A(rpt)
He has everything that I like to enjoy
I can hang out with all my toys

Young mom, we were once in your shoes
I mean, we were down and out with the blues
We knew no one answered 5-3-5-5
We felt the whole world was so jive

That's when someone came up to us
Said this young mom, took a car or a bus
To a place there called the Multnomah U.
And there’s no no diapers to do

It's fun to have you back, T-A-R-A(rpt)
Your desk is all clean
It’s just two bucks a meal, You can do whatever you feel


If only I had the pictures or video to show you! :) It was great!

And I'm happy to report that Eric is loving being home with Belén (and he's just the best dad you've ever seen). After her shots last week, it took several days for her to get back to her normal, laid-back self, but they seem to be finding a good routine so that he can get some work done during her naptimes. So, life in the Lopez household is moving right along... God is so faithful to us and we're so grateful for this life we get to live.

Thankfully, I am happy to report that little Miss Belén is about sleeping through the night. At least half of the time, she is sleeping from about 9 PM to about 5 AM. So as long as we go to sleep when she does, we can get a full night's rest! :)

I know I need to post some updated pictures. But those will just have to wait for another day (sorry!)...

No comments: