Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Sometimes, she looks like the tiniest infant... and sometimes she just looks like such a little girl! Either way... she has captured our hearts completely...

I finally did catch her smiling today with my camera in hand!

And that was even after this little episode... (She became rather angry once I placed the barrette in her hair. It is crazy trying to tame that 'do!)
It's as though she is saying, "Fine! I'll wear it, but I'm not gonna be happy about it!"

But she really enjoys it when we get to go on outings...
We finally got to go berry-picking on Sunday after church... we picked Marionberries, Blackberries and Raspberries. Delicious! Sadly, Belén slept through the whole thing in the Moby (my fabric wrap carrier), but we had a great time. The pictures are all on the camcorder, though, and I don't know how to get them off (Eric will have to do that). But Eric is staying busy with lots of work... and I have another four weeks of maternity leave. I anticipate doing a little bit of work from home in the weeks to come. I'll return to work full time on September 2nd... Eric's work is work that he does from home, with the occassional meeting on campus at George Fox Evangelical Seminary, so he will be able to be the primary caregiver for our sweet girl for 95% of the time while I'm at work. We feel so glad that God has worked out these details... it is so much nicer to be able to know that one of us will get to be with her most of the time.

So right now, we're just trying to enjoy every bit that this last month of maternity leave has to offer... soaking up every minute with our growing girl...






No comments: